The UFV SUS 2018 By-Elections are commencing. The UFV SUS by-election runs over a period of 5 weeks beginning on October 1, 2018 and ending on November 8, 2018. Elected board members will begin their term on November 8, 2018.
Below are the available board positions and their responsibilities:
▶ Nomination Period: October 1, 2018 to October 15, 2018
▶ Review Period: October 16, 2018 to October 17, 2018
- Submit your nomination packages to firstname.lastname@example.org or a SUS Office
- Also available for nomination are student seats on the UFV Board of Governors (2) and Senate (4).
Visit the UFV Secretariat for more info. One student Governor and one student Senator also will sit on the SUS Board.
▶ Campaign Period: October 18, 2018 to November 2, 2018
- The Chief Electoral Officer will review all packages to confirm eligibility and contact candidates
- The All-Candidates Meeting will take place on October 17th, 2018, time and location TBA
- Use this time to prepare campaign materials, but no campaigning is permitted
Get out there and meet students!
▶ Voting Period: November 5, 2018 to November 7, 2018
- Q&A 1:
October 23, 2018
- Q&A 2:
October 25, 2018
- Q&A Reality Check:
November 1, 2018
▶ Announcement & Ratification: November 8, 2018
- Voting will occur online through myUFV
- All successful candidates are expected to attend the last Board Meeting of the current term (November 29, 2018)